Sunday, March 1, 2009

Outfit #8: Styled By

I was still sick on this day when Charlotte V. picked out my outfit for the second time.

Today Charlotte dressed me in some items of her own:

A grey knee-length skirt from GAP
Blue denim vest

As well as my own items:
White Shirt
Lavender sweater
Black tights
Boots

This outfit was good to wear because it was surprisingly comfortable while remaining stylish. I was afraid to be uncomfortable while I was also sick, but this outfit made me feel better, actually. I thought that the vest would look really silly but it was so much fun to wear. I think tucking in the sweater was key. The whole thing looked well put together. 

I would normally not have let the same person pick my outfit twice, but this was a special case: I was sick, nobody else picked one soon enough, I hadn't had one the day before. After previous disappointments, this was a good relief. 

Notably: Charlotte V. also allowed me to pick out her outfit the next day. It was a good move! It was interesting to feel the little bit of power (or, at lot, perhaps) from picking out another person's clothes. The outfit I mostly picked for her I actually never got to see, sadly, but it was very exciting to do. Most of the items were from her grandmother and emitted a sort of blue/yellow yacht/afternoon cocktail vibe, I believe.

No comments:

Post a Comment